By creating an account and/or playing the online role-playing game Phobos and/or downloading/installing/using the Phobos client software, and/or continuing to use or view this forum, you are accepting the following official Phobos rules. Please note that the name restrictions are only for in-game character names.
1. Name Restrictions
Keep in mind that misspelling, adding or removing characters, using abbreviations or alternative spellings does not exempt names from these restrictions, neither does violating any of the rules below in a language other than English.
You may not use character names which:
- a. Contain nonsensical letter combinations, or contain partial or full sentences.
- (For example: Yoplmfsid, Doyoulikeapples)
- b. Are similar to those belonging to a Myth Entertainment staff member or show any other apparent intent of impersonating a person of official position.
- (For example: GM Timmy, Guardian Jane)
- c. Might be considered to be insulting, vulgar, defamatory, hateful, racist, nationalistic, homophobic, sexist, hold any otherwise objectionable connotations, or make undue reference to a particular sexual orientation.
- (For example: Matt the Stupid Moron, Helena Homosexual)
- d. Names which reference real life in the form of well known people, characters, locations, groups, establishments, trademarks, religions or any objects, names or titles which might be considered out of place as character names in Phobos’ medieval fantasy environment.
You may not:
- a. Abuse unintended game bugs or faults.
- (For example: Exploiting a bug which allows you to duplicate items very cheaply)
- b. Abuse limiting aspects of the game’s design
- (For example: Blocking a passageway to prevent others from passing (in a non-pvp area))
- c. Use, create or support unapproved third party software, or make modification to any of the program files.
- (For example: Using a macro to repeat certain in-game actions)
- d. Transfer or share ownership of an account or account information with another person.
- (For example: Allowing another person to use your account)
- e. Demand, offer your own, or show interest in acquiring another player’s account information.
- (For example: Asking for another player's login details)
- f. Gain or attempt to gain unauthorized access to another player's account.
- (For example: 'Hacking' another player's account)
- g. Initiate in-game trades involving real-life money, objects or otherwise non-game related gains.
- (For example: Selling your account or in-game items for real-life money)
3. In-game User Interaction and Forum Guidelines
Keep in mind that misspelling, adding or removing characters, using abbreviations or alternative spellings does not make any statements exempt from these restrictions, neither does violating any of the rules below in a language other than English.
You may not make statements or post content which:
- a. Might be considered to be obscene, vulgar or otherwise offensive, including those holding unlawful, harmful, abusive, homophobic, sexually explicit, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable connotations.
- (For example: Stating that you will kill anybody from a certain country in-game)
- b. Harasses, threatens, causes distress, unwanted attention or discomfort to another user.
- (This rule is to discourage major ‘griefing’ and stop repeated cases of 'power abuse')
- c. Might disrupt the normal flow of dialogue in an in-game channel or forum thread, or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other users unnecessarily. This includes so-called “spamming”, ASCII ‘art’, misuse of the report function, and statements made in the wrong in-game channel or forum.
- (For example: Repeatedly sending nonsense messages over a short period of time)
- d. Might be seen to be an impersonation of a Guardian or Myth Entertainment staff member, or claim to have some sort of influence over a Guardian or Myth Entertainment staff member.
- (For example: Threatening another player with banishment if they don't do as you say)
- e. Advertises content which is not related to the game or in-game trades involving real-life money, objects or other non-game related gains.
- (For example: Offering to sell your account or in-game items for real-life money)
- f. Incites or encourages the general disregard or breaking of any of the rules of conduct herein.
- (For example: Encouraging another player to exploit a particular bug)
- g. Uses a language other than English on public forums, or in the in-game ‘World’, ‘Help’ and ‘Trade’ channels.
- h. Goes against the advice or warnings given by a Guardian.
- i. Makes false claims which might damage the reputation of Phobos, Myth Entertainment or its staff.